Search for atmospheres
The Last Safe Place
A Naoshiobian Sanctuary
Takaai Safehouse operates publically now. It’s a bit of a national attraction: the last standing Nova-proof landmark. No one is allowed to speak inside; its help communicate in sign language, and visitors pass notes to each other and use expressive facial movements and gestures. You believe this is the reason it survived so long.
Tonight, you sit back on its pier, legs dangling over the side, bare feet skimming the water, and you think about how long it might have taken for Nova to find this place if she hadn’t disappeared. A month, tops. Then the last spark of resistance would have been snuffed out, and she would rule ad infinitum.
One of the proprietor’s daughters, a girl about sixteen, watches you as she packs up the detritus from the day’s tourists. You nod to her. She nods back. You know that in those eyes is knowledge that could kill a god. Did, perhaps. You don’t think you’ll ever know.
Comments for "A Naoshiobian Sanctuary"
License details for "A Naoshiobian Sanctuary"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Chair creak by Gildaren +)
- Water in the Wash 2 by izzybel +)
- 0_Crickets by Luuk van Loon +)
- Footsteps on dock by mmaruska from http://freesound.org +)
- Ambient_night by oculus +)
- waterfall soundscape by orpheuz from http://freesound.org +)
- Evening Star (cello) by Robert Fripp & Brian Eno +)
- Leaves rustling by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license