Search for atmospheres
WILL- I chose this text with Molly because I love how high the stakes are. I am looking forward to exploring this with them as my partner.
MOLLY: I find it so chilling how Richard manages to seduce Anne in front of the body of a man that she knows he killed. That’s power.
CONTEXT OF THE SCENE: Lady Anne’s father-in-law, King Henry VI, and her husband, Prince Edward, have just both been murdered. In this scene, she is standing beside the dead body of the dead king. She curses Richard as soon as he walks in.
ECONOMY & HISTORY: Lady Anne is the second daughter of the Earl of Warwick, the daughter-in-law of the late king, and the widow of the late prince. Richard begins the play as a duke, but is constantly vying for kingship.
GEOGRAPHY: London streets. Richard is interrupting a group of men carrying Henry’s coffin.
Comments for "richard iii"
License details for "richard iii"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Streets of London by InspectorJ +)
- Bible Mark 8:36 by Johnny Cash +)
- Halloween graveyard by mistersherlock from http://freesound.org +)
- Big Chapel Bell by onohobo from http://freesound.org +)
- Weeping Woman by tweedledee3 from http://freesound.org and slightly edited by Hrafnsunna +)