Search for atmospheres
Walking the halls of Oceanid at night
Soul searching the halls
Can't sleep.. There are so many things on my mind. I am sad, lonely, angry, overwhelmed. Being here at this school has opened my eyes to many things. I walk along the dank, dark halls and try to focus on my surroundings for a distraction. My feet scuff along stones, purposely rough to help avoid slips and falls from all the moisture, I assume. My slippers begin to feel heavy.. shouldn't have packed wool ones, so heavy when wet. There is so little human noise it almost seems abandoned tonight. The dormitory doors are heavy and meant to seal if the school has a break in the outer walls. They must seal out noise as well. I hear so many other things though. Water.. a low roaring sound that also could be from the water? Or something else. I challenge myself to find the source of the noise, if there is a single source or location for it. I am good at distraction. I distract others from my faults, I distract myself from any problems that come my way, from addressing my personal issues. I have found that I have so many deficits coming into this tiny underwater world where we are now expected to be adults and take responsibility for ourselves.
That noise though.. where is it coming from?
Comments for "Soul searching the halls"
License details for "Soul searching the halls"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Creepy Choir by alextundra from http://freesound.org +)
- Rose's Room by CinnamonRoll *)
- Ambient Sewer by D W - Freesound +)
- Echoing waterdrips by editor_adp from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Footsteps on Sand by https://www.freesound.org/people/DasDeer/ +)
- Underwater soft by monica137142 freesound.org +)
- Underwater Bubbles by Perel from http://freesound.org +)
- Cave Drip by RoscoeToon from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license