Search for atmospheres
Home of an Old Playmate
The Clock Shop on Northwater
You come in without making a lot of noise. Your friend glances up at you cursorily, then goes back to her task. She appears to be assembling some kind of pocketwatch. She finishes, screwing one final plate into place, then sets it down and smiles at you. “Long time no see. Like what I’m doing with the place?”
You nod honestly. She looks like she’s doing a booming business.
“‘Course, Kajito wasn’t my first choice, but at least I’m close enough to Toya to go vacationing there most weekends. How’ve you been doing, by the way?”
You fill her in. She gasps appreciatively at your occupation, and relates to your surrogate daughter with a few anecdotes about her own child, who’s playing outside with a few friends.
You’re glad to see her. These days, it seems like all you do is work on your stories, and it helps to talk to someone. You stay for a while drinking iced tea, and for that while, all is right with the world.
Comments for "The Clock Shop on Northwater"
License details for "The Clock Shop on Northwater"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- clock chime by claudius9uk from http://freesound.org +)
- 1840s Grandfather Clock by daveincamas from http://www.freesound.org/people/daveincamas/sounds/27077/ +)
- grandfather clock nk by digifishmusic from http://freesound.org +)
- clock tick by kingloki +)
- Grandfather Clock Chime by lonemonk +)
- Wall clock by michaelkoehler from http://freesound.org +)
- Clock bell by NightVoice from http://freesound.org +)
- ogaki summer morning by satoshi-hama from http://freesound.org +)